StrengthsFinder 2.0 individual and team coaching with Margaret Vogel provides a positive, interactive method to discover talent and improve performance. The fundamental premise of Donald Clifton’s work is that “you cannot become anything you want to be, but you can become more of who you already are.” There is freedom and joy when you focus on improving your areas of strengths and let go of over-compensating for your weaknesses.
Clifton’s work has become the basis of the bestselling books Strengths-based Leadership by Tom Rath and Living Your Strengths by Alan Winsemen. Participants frequently describe feelings of increased self-awareness and stronger team unity after experiencing a strengths-coaching session.
After a typical 6-hour coaching session, participants will be able to:
- Understand the benefits of a strengths-based approach
- Articulate the difference between a talent and a strength
- Gain valuable knowledge of their top-5 talent themes
- Create a personal strengths-based plan of action
- Recognize the role of strengths when building, managing and working with teams
- Identify the markers of engagement that create successful community
*For faith-based organizations, coaching includes making the connection between talents, faith practice, and community engagement.