Based on the best-selling book by Faber and Mazlish, this popular presentation emphasizes skill building and uses humor, common sense and fresh insights to help parents encourage siblings to live together more peacefully. Including frequent practice and discussion, it is illustrated throughout with visuals of the main ideas in cartoon form.
Skills to be mastered include:
- Helping siblings with hostile feelings
- Alternatives to comparisons and competition
- Freeing siblings trapped in roles (he’s the brains, the bully, the baby or she’s the beauty, the social one, the tomboy)
- Strategies for when kids fight
- Ten steps for kids to solve their own problems
- Antidotes to "It’s mine!," "She touched me!" and "You love him more!"