Conflict is inevitable. Successful people know that if it’s embraced, conflict can lead to new opportunities, solutions and results, including increased retention. It’s time to throw off negative associations that make us avoid conflict or cling to an “I’ll win, you’ll lose” approach!
This session is designed to explore conflict as a positive, problem solving and creative situation. It offers a short assessment to uncover your personal conflict management style, along with critical skills for managing conflict productively. You’ll discover empowering solutions for those who are quick to fight, those who would rather run than fight, and everyone in between. Ultimately, you’ll walk away with a new perspective on conflict and be prepared to go for the WIN-WIN scenario!
Participants will explore…
- Why people avoid conflict, and making conflict profitable for teams
- Their current comfort level with conflict through a brief assessment
- Getting to the root of problems and thinking creatively about solutions
- Sowing seeds of cooperation rather than avoidance
- Using empathy effectively
“I enjoyed the class tremendously! It gave me new insight into looking at conflict.”