Understanding the differences between the generations is just the beginning!
This session gives participants an emotionally intelligent, skill-building approach to the complexities of effectively working in, and managing, a multigenerational workforce.
With workers from four generations active in the workforce, the potential for misunderstanding, frustration and conflict puts increasing pressure on productivity. This training gets beyond stereotypical approaches that stop at “here’s what each group is like”, and turns that challenge into a competitive advantage.
Employees and managers gain insights, strategies and skills centered around high emotional intelligence behaviors that help to minimize generational conflict and strengthen collaboration. Excellent visual case studies of generational clashes generate lively discussion and “you be the coach” practical solutions.
Participants will explore…
- Their current level of knowledge and skills regarding the generations
- Clash points for conflict between generations
- Practical solutions for common workplace situations
- Using emotional intelligence to minimize or eliminate conflict
- The MEET approach to communication, conflict resolution and problem solving
“We were able to discuss some rather sensitive topics with humor and openness. It opened my eyes to how Gen X’ers and Y’ers may be different in the way they express things, but we CAN all work together.”