FACT: According to workplace resource Bravely, 70 percent of employees are avoiding difficult conversations with their boss, colleagues, and direct reports!
FACT: 53 percent of employees are handling “toxic” situations by ignoring them, according to a survey by Fierce Inc.
We all face workplace situations that cause anxiety and frustration, no matter how much we’ve worked to build our skills. Using tested principles and realistic strategies, you’ll learn to prepare to conduct crucial conversations while managing your own emotions productively. Excellent practice situations help you to get a grip on your everyday communication nightmares. You’ll receive coaching on how to avoid anxiety and increase confidence for difficult conversations that enrich your professional, as well as your personal, life.
Participants will learn to…
- Understand the unspoken “rules” that keep us stuck
- Bring issues into the open productively
- Attend to what is said and unsaid by unpacking “the 3 conversations” in every difficult conversation
- Skillfully say what people are thinking but not saying
- Listen openly and ask good questions, practicing how to stay curious about the other person while being your authentic self
- Engage cooperation from the historically uncooperative
- Delivering “tough news” clearly and skillfully
- Prepare in advance for the “grenades” lobbed in many difficult conversations
- Manage our strong emotions while starting from “the third person” perspective
- Gain the confidence to stop avoiding difficult conversations
“This helped me immensely as many of my conversations can be difficult due to my job responsibilities. I found Kim to be very knowledgeable, as well as a skilled facilitator. Her session was captivating.”